Friday, September 7, 2012

Surgery once again.....

Wednesday, Sept 5, 2012 - We are back at the PMC! I'm in the waiting room waiting for Jake to get done with surgery.  Since we have been home from the last visit to the primary children's hospital Jake ANC (absolute neutra fill count, his immune system) has been at a 0.  This means there is little to no healing and because of this he got an infection in his leg.  Dr. Scott wanted to cut out the dead tissue and then stitch it up again.  The surgery is suppose to take about 1 hour to 1 hour and a half.  After surgery - a couple hours for recovery - then we will get to go home.  Dr. Scott wants to heal another week before we go back for the next round of chemo.  I have mixed emotions about this.  I am so ready for this to be over, it is so hard to leave my two other kids.  I really wish Jake could have some normalcy in his life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment