Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Prosthetic Complication.....

Saturday - October 13, 2012 - On Thursday we were scheduled to go get measure for his prosthetic.  The night before Jake told me his leg was probably infected again just on the other side this time.  Ugggg... I just wanted to cry. Just when he was getting so close to getting his prosthetic.   I called and talked to Dr. Scott's office and Dr. Scott can't see Jake until Tuesday October 16th.   In the meantime, we are treating it with half water half peroxide treatment.  He is also scheduled for his next infusion on Tuesday but will it likely be postponed until we can get his leg taken care of.   Dr. Scott will most likely debreve it.  He will take Jake into surgery and cut out the infected tissue and then stitch it back up.  After the first debrevement Dr Scott didn't want Jake to have chemo for two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment